Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Pappy Day!


So, I know this post is a few days late, but life has been a little hectic. Better late than never (just like better drunk than sober… too much?).  I couldn’t ignore doing this post, its my dad!  The most caring, thoughtful, hardworking guy I know (aww).  Part of my gift to him was copious amounts of food.  Including, but definitely not limited to: cape cod chips and cabot french onion dip (our favorite snack), a big-veggie-loaded salad, 5 dozen (oops) chocolate chip cookies and caprese sandwiches.  These sandwiches are my new obsession.  Correction: anything that includes tomato and mozzarella is my new obsession (seeing as my last post had a tomato/mozz/pesto pizza…).  So good! So refreshing! Perfect for father’s day lunch at the lake.  
Here’s a picture to convince you of the deliciousness:
Oh my god, I need to make these for lunch again. Maybe today… Tomato, mozzarella, pesto, salt & pepper sandwiched between two thick slices of wheat bread. Toasted up in a pan with some butter, left in the oven for a few to let the cheese melt. Its almost a sexual experience eating these. But its not, because it was father’s day, and that would be weird… 
Moving on, here’s the happy dad himself (pre-eating)!
Aaand post eating:
Stuffed! Job well done.
For an update on reducing my awkwardness, my plan has been working! Doing and saying what I’m feeling has actually made me happier (should’ve been able to figure this one out a looong time ago), less stressed, and lowered my number of awkward encounters.  Hallelujah! Told you I wasn’t awkward all the time.  
Figured I deserved a reward for trying to better myself:

Be jealous!


No comments:

Post a Comment