Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Unloading Begins

It has been a relaxing / fun / anxious / sad / exciting / cleansing weekend.  Yesterday was my final hurrah in good ol' NH, and today, I arrived in Madrid.  It was with a heavy heart that I said a (temporary) goodbye to my home for the past 2 and a half years. Portsmouth taught me more about who I am and what kind of person I can be than I ever thought a place was capable of.  I built relationships with amazing people that I hope can withstand the test of time that so many relationships in the past have failed.  I've realized the importance of hard work, kicking back, and soaking it all in with the good company. 

I spent the past few days meeting horses named Zeus, shooting handguns and assault rifles at plastic cans (oh my god, feel the power), drinking on the decks of Portsmouth with friends and family, and packing my life into boxes.

Today, the unloading begins. Whether it be the suitcases I've lugged across airports and city streets, or the memories I've tucked into my back pocket for a day I'm feeling lonely. Today, the next chapter of my life begins, and though I know its going to be rocky at first and there will likely be a few bumps along the way, I won't let myself regret anything.  I won't look back 10 years from now and ask, "what if?" I'll be damned if I let life slip through my fingers without taking it for all its got.  Madrid, here I come.

¡Hasta luego!

The Charmer: Zeus

No comments:

Post a Comment