Saturday, May 26, 2012

Look at how Talented I am!




Just got home from Vermont yesterday… Had a fleeting thought that I could go raw for a week (HA!).  It lasted about an hour, and resulted in me giving in to my grumbling stomach.  FYI: an apple for breakfast should be considered a cruel punishment! I need eggs! and toast! and coffee! Obviously…  Well, despite the inability to go raw for the majority of my day, I went semi-raw for dinner.  Was feeling Greek (no clue why) and decided that I NEEDED to make a Greek salad.  Wish I could give you the exact measurements of everything I added to the mix, but I was feeling like a chef at the time (A.K.A. randomly tossing things into a bowl with a big/evil grin on my face).  Anywho, heres the recipe, or, the parts of the recipe I can remember from my semi-drunken, chef-obsessed state.
Greek Salad
  • 1 can chick-peas
  • 1 little can of sliced black olives
  • 1 cucumber- peeled & chopped
  • Half-ish can seasoned artichoke hearts- chopped
  • Handful grape tomatoes- cut in half
  • Handful baby spinach- chopped
  • 1/4 red onion- chopped
  • Feta (as much as you want… I added about half a tub)
  • 1 clove garlic- diced up
  • Half of a lemon- all juiced up (add some zest if you’re feeling zesty!)
  • Black pepper- to taste (I added A LOT)
  • Roughly 1/4 cup dressing (I used Ken’s Balsamic with Honey because it’s so damn delicious)
Combine everything and let the flavors marinate for an hour or two in the fridge.  Or just eat as is (no one would judge, it’s delicious). Makes 4 big servings, or 2 really really big servings, so choose who you share with wisely. Finally, ENJOY!
Time to eat! I’m thinking one big serving (for me). Ha! No shame!
P.S. Credit for the photo has to go to mom for this one, I’m still learnin’! Thanks mom, you da best roomie! 
P.P.S. My dad just said “golly-day” in reference to the food we’re eating for dinner. Think it’s a sign we’ve done well?
P.P.P.S. We really liked it…



No comments:

Post a Comment