Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What Now?


Okay, so, graduation happened.  It was teary, emotional, sweaty, and a serious reality check.  I’m supposed to do things with my life now! Make grown up decisions, find a real job, start saving money!  In an effort to (continue to) avoid this realization, I drank a LOT, procrastinated on packing up my little apartment, and ate solely take-out.  Seemed like a healthy way to distract myself (at the time)…
Now that I’ve come to the end of this absurdly long bender, I’m craving healthy food, good sleep, and new adventures.  Though these adventures may take place with my parent’s house as the home base, I’m excited.  Mom and pops are great roomies! They have free parking, a washer & dryer, and a yard; all the things that I missed while living in good ol’ Vermont.  Plus, they’re pretty great company.
I’m thinking that this summer will be prime time to actually get to the nitty gritty of planning for all of these adventures I’ve been ranting about.  I don’t want to settle in one place for too long.  Too many places to see, people to meet, pictures to take and food to eat to stay put in one place!  The nitty gritty mostly involves money, which was to be expected, but I’ve heard being risky and creative will get you the farthest.  Not eat-from-trash-cans risky, but more like explore-without-a-set-plan risky. The risky moves might be hard, because I’ve always been such a planner, but the creative part is what I’m excited for. As I come up with new ways to travel for cheap, I’ll be sure to keep track and share. 
Next post will most likely be after the journey back to New Hampshire, and it will (hopefully) include some good eats or healthy treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment